Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some really Delicious Bread!

I have been making bread all week and love the recipe I'm using!  It's called  
All American Sandwich Bread,  out of the "Best Recipe" Cookbook.  Here's the recipe!
All American Sandwich Bread
  •  3 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees)
  • 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees)
  • 2 Tbl butter melted
  • 3 Tbl honey
  • 1 package (about 2 1/4 tsp) rapid rise yeast.  
 1.  Adjust oven rack to low position and heat oven to 200 degrees for ten
 minutes, then turn off oven.  2.  Mix flour and salt in kitchen aid mixing bowl, fitted with dough hook.  Then mix milk, water, honey, butter and yeast in a small separate bowl.  Turn mixer on low and add liquid bowl in slowly.  Place dough on floured work surface and knead for 15 seconds.  3.  Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, rubbing
dough around bowl to lightly coat. 
 Cover 
with plastic wrap; place in warm oven to rise for 40-
50 minutes.  4.  Gently press dough into rectangle 1 inch thick and no longer than 9 inches.  With long side facing you, roll dough firmly into cylinder, pressing with your fingers to make sure dough sticks to itself.  Turn dough seam side up and pinch it closed.  Place dough in greased 9 x 5 x 3- inch loaf pan and press it gently.  5.  Place in oven to rise the second time for 20-30 minutes.  Heat oven to 350 an
d bake bread for 30- 40 minutes!  And wa-lah!!! 

5 comments:

Lil Hippo said...

That is one of the most perfect loaves of bread i've ever seen! For me, making bread is kinda a hit or miss deal. And when i miss, i don't make another loaf for at least a month till i recover from the trauma of being a failure!...i haven't made bread in awhile. :)

Paige said...

Your bread looks great! Good job. I love that recipe too! Have you ever tried the variation for buttermilk sandwich bread? I think I like that one even better.

Piper said...

No.... I'd love the recipe though! Do you have it?

Rebecca said...

That's one of my favorite recipes that I've tried so far! :)

You've won an award!

Tim said...

Wow, that bread looks so perfect lol

Just about the only thing I can make is a bowl of cerial =P